domingo, 13 de septiembre de 2009

The straight story






"Alvin Straight
: You don't think about getting old when you're young... you shouldn't.
Cyclist #1: Must be something good about gettin' old?
Alvin Straight: Well I can't imagine anything good about being blind and lame at the same time but, still at my age I've seen about all that life has to dish out. I know to separate the wheat from the chaff, and let the small stuff fall away.
Cyclist #2: So, uh, what's the worst part about being old, Alvin?
Alvin Straight: Well, the worst part of being old is rememberin' when you was young."

" There's no one knows your life better than a brother that's near your age. He knows who you are and what you are better than anyone on earth. My brother and I said some unforgivable things the last time we met, but, I'm trying to put that behind me... and this trip is a hard swallow of my pride. I just hope I'm not too late... a brother's a brother. "

"Anger, vanity, you mix that together with liquor, you've got two brothers that haven't spoken in ten years. Ah, whatever it was that made me and Lyle so mad... don't matter anymore. I want to make peace, I want to sit with him, look up at the stars... like we used to do, so long ago. "

"When my kids were real little I used to play a game with them. I'd give each one of them a stick and I'd say, 'You break that.' Of course they could real easy. Then I'd say, 'Tie them sticks in a bundle and try to break that.' Of course, they couldn't. Then I'd say, 'That bundle...that's family."--Alvin Straight (Richard Farnsworth) to a runaway girl"


Lyle Straight, Alvin's Brother: Did you ride that thing all the way out here to see me?

Alvin Straight: I did, Lyle.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario